And now, the end is near. And so we face the final curtain…you get the picture. The end of the 2014-15 Premier League season is nigh and that can only mean one thing.
This is the last time (for a while at least) that The Professor will be taking on the good folk of Twitter in our weekly tipping competition.
Still, before our bearded brainiac takes a summer sabbatical to study the Icelandic Urvalsdeild there is one remaining challenger standing in his way.
The brilliantly named @superwombleuk has stepped up to the plate in a bid to land a £50 FREE BET.
As usual, the format is simple. One point will be awarded for a correct result with three points for guessing the correct score.
Let’s see what our profound pair are putting up this weekend…
Want a glimpse into the mind of a genius? Here’s how The Prof came to a few of his conclusions.
– Both teams have scored in 8 of the last 10 games played at St. James’ Park and both Newcastle and West Ham look susceptible to conceding on the final day. The Hammers haven’t won away in the Premier League since December 2 while the Magpies are winless at home in the league since February 28. Score draw.
– Sunderland’s jubilant fans can head to Stamford Bridge having breathed a huge sigh of relief in midweek and their team could cause Chelsea a few problems. The Blues have won their last three final day games by a 2-1 scoreline and a repeat could be on the cards.
– Hull have conceded three or more goals in six of their seven Premier League meetings with Manchester United meaning the Tigers look set to down with a whimper rather than a roar. Louis van Gaal may rest a few players but that doesn’t rule out the hosts capitulating against a weakened Red Devils side.
Here are the key Terms and Conditions. For full T&Cs please click here.
1. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
2. One winning participant, selected at random, will be contacted via Twitter and asked to submit their predictions for the upcoming round of selected games.
3. Prospective contestants will be chosen well in advance of the upcoming round of games. The Ladbrokes News team will need to receive contestants’ predictions by 10am at the latest the day before the first game of that round is due to take place. Otherwise, Ladbrokes reserves the right to select a new participant.
4. The Ladbrokes News team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance of the first game due to take place that weekend.
5. There will be a total of one point awarded for each correct result and a bonus two points will be awarded if you successfully predict a correct score.
6. In the event of a draw, once all games have been played, you will be asked a relevant tie-breaker question, chosen at the News team’s discretion. If you answer the tie-break question correctly, you win; if you answer incorrectly, the Ladbrokes News Team wins and the prize will rollover.
7. Free bet token will be valid for 7 days.
8. Free bet token value will be £/€25 (or currency equivalent), unless the prize rolls over.
9. In the event that the News Team are declared the winner, the prize fund will rollover in increments of £/€25 for each week/round of games.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets!