As if you needed proof of The Professor’s mental toughness. Following a battle of attrition the betting whizz took the spoils once again in his most recent outing although let’s not forget what that means.
There’s now a £75 FREE BET up for grabs after our calculator with a beard came good at the third attempt following a sudden-death play-off (i.e – correctly predicting that Liverpool would beat Blackburn on Wednesday).
Our latest challenger is @likeavillasboas. By the looks of things he enjoys a bet on the Ugandan Premier League and Copa Libertadores among other disciplines.
Maybe we have a legitimate opponent and a real scholar of the game up against The Prof.
As usual, the format is simple. One point will be awarded for a correct result with three points for guessing the correct score.
Here’s some ammo to support The Professor’s selections:
– Chelsea haven’t exactly been blowing teams away. In fact, not since the Blues demolished Swansea 5-0 in mid-January have they won a top-flight game by more than one goal. A narrow and possibly nervy derby victory against QPR is the pick.
– Stoke look set to pile further misery upon Sam Allardyce and his Hammers outfit. His side’s recent form has been pretty dire with just one win in their last nine outings.Coupled with that, the former Bolton supremo has a poor record of 6L, 3D and 1W from his last 10 meetings in the dugout with Mark Hughes.
– Tim Sherwood has transformed Aston Villa. From plain boring to uber exciting, five of his eight games in charge of the Midlands club have resulted in over 2.5 goals. However, don’t expect them to be mainly in Villa’s favour. Tottenham have won each of the pair’s last six encounters, with three or more goals scored in four of those clashes.
Here are they key Terms and Conditions. For full T&Cs please click here.
1. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
2. One winning participant, selected at random, will be contacted via Twitter and asked to submit their predictions for the upcoming round of selected games.
3. Prospective contestants will be chosen well in advance of the upcoming round of games. The Ladbrokes News team will need to receive contestants’ predictions by 10am at the latest the day before the first game of that round is due to take place. Otherwise, Ladbrokes reserves the right to select a new participant.
4. The Ladbrokes News team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance of the first game due to take place that weekend.
5. There will be a total of one point awarded for each correct result and a bonus two points will be awarded if you successfully predict a correct score.
6. In the event of a draw, once all games have been played, you will be asked a relevant tie-breaker question, chosen at the News team’s discretion. If you answer the tie-break question correctly, you win; if you answer incorrectly, the Ladbrokes News Team wins and the prize will rollover.
7. Free bet token will be valid for 7 days.
8. Free bet token value will be £/€25 (or currency equivalent), unless the prize rolls over.
9. In the event that the News Team are declared the winner, the prize fund will rollover in increments of £/€25 for each week/round of games.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.