Manchester United endured a frustrating 0-0 draw with West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, but their record at Old Trafford this season suggests Jose Mourinho’s men will bounce back against Everton on Tuesday night.
The Red Devils have followed up each of their previous five home draws with a victory in the next outing at Old Trafford, with four of those wins accompanied by a clean sheet.
That means the 6/4 for the hosts to win to nil looks like a good-value bet. And chances are they’ll get the upper hand before the interval.
Mourinho’s side have led at the break in seven of their last nine victories, so the 11/8 for the Red Devils to lead at half-time and win looks well worth backing.
One man who could well do the damage is Wayne Rooney. The former Evertonian has scored a number of crucial goals against his old employers since swapping Merseyside for Manchester in 2004, including a goal in United’s 3-0 win at Goodison Park last season.
He’s 7/4 to find the net anytime, with 5/1 for the 31-year-old to open the scoring.
And talking of 3-0 victories, we reckon that could be the scoreline this time around. Everton have conceded three goals in each of their last two games, while United have scored exactly three goals on four occasions since the beginning of February.
There’s 10/1 on offer for that outcome, while 13/2 says the hosts win by any three-goal margin.
In the match betting, Man United are 8/15 favourites, with 3/1 for the draw and 5/1 on offer for Everton to record just a second win at the Theatre of Dreams since 1992.
Plus – Are you having a bet on this Manchester v Merseyside tussle?
Bet £20 In-Play on Man United v Everton and get a free £10 In-Play Bet on Chelsea v Man City (KO 20:00 Wednesday)!*
Terms and Conditions
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Liverpool v Everton (KO 12:30) on Saturday 1st April at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free in-play bet of £/€10 to redeem on Swansea City v Middlesbrough (Sunday 2nd April 13:30).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Liverpool v Everton which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Swansea City v Middlesbrough.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on Swansea City v Middlesbrough on Sunday 2nd April.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing