No sooner has midweek European competition come to an end than the weekend’s Premier League gets underway with Friday Night Football, and it’s Everton versus Crystal Palace to get us up and running.
The two sides come into this Goodison Park encounter off the back of wildly contrasting fortunes a week ago.
Palace launched a stunning fight back from 2-0 down at Sunderland to win 3-2 in the dying moments, while Everton’s fine start to the season ended with a lacklustre defeat away at Bournemouth.
However, the Toffees’ vast improvement under Ronald Koeman has been plenty evident this term, and the blue half of Merseyside are 3/4 favourites for a victory which would temporarily move them up to second in the table.
Palace are out at 4/1, but we reckon there’s plenty of reason to back the outsiders here.
Alan Pardew’s men are unbeaten in their last three visits to Goodison Park, winning by a 3-2 scoreline on two of those occasions. A repeat is a tempting 33/1.
Of the sides’ six Premier League meetings since Palace’s return in 2013, three have been all-square while the remaining trio won by single-goal margins. So a close affair is once again expected.
With such attacking talent on display from both sides, surely we won’t see a repeat of the 0-0 when these sides last met back in April.
Romelu Lukaku has four goals in five league appearances this term, and the Belgian has also netted in three of his last four against the Eagles.
International compatriot Christian Benteke will also be a subject of some major goalscorer stakes tonight, with the ex-Liverpool man fast settling in to his new role with the south London club.
And of course, plenty of attention will be on Yannick Bolasie, who after a long and drawn out saga, eventually left Palace for Everton in the summer in a £25m deal.
Stay tuned to Ladbrokes.com throughout the day for a host of great price boosts on tonight’s match.
Plus, having a bet on Friday Night Football?
Bet £20 In-Play on Everton v Crystal Palace and get a free £10 In-Play Bet on Swansea v Liverpool!*
Mobile or Tablet only. Minimum odds of 1/2. See below for full Terms and Conditions.
- Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Everton v Crystal Palace (KO 20:00) on Friday 30th September at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free IN-PLAY bet of £/€10 to redeem on Swansea v Liverpool (Saturday 1st October, KO 12:30).
- 2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
- 3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Everton v Crystal Palace which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Swansea v Liverpool.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on Swansea v Liverpool.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing