Having a bet on the horses or putting on an acca remains an integral part of our culture but it’s vital to know how to stay in control and where to draw the line.
And we’re happy once again to work with the Senet Group members to reinforce the ‘When the fun stops, stop!’ message.
This campaign promotes #GambleSmart, a Social Media showcase that uses humour and the habit of sharing funny or relevant films or images between friends to call out negative gambling behaviours.
Check out this lot and see if you can spot some of the warning signs…
When you’re chasing your losses…
When you’re not setting limits…
When anger’s taking over…
Yep, no one wants to see this kind of behaviour.
And when it comes to gambling it’s always best to remember these five practical tips:
- – Set your limits at the start
- – Only bet what you can afford
- – Never chase your losses
- – Don’t bet if you’re getting angry
- – Never put betting before your mates
This latest initiative follows the success of Senet’s original ad campaign at the start of 2015 with a theme of #BadBetty, an endeavour that clearly resonated with its target audience:
- – About one in three adults were aware of the campaign
- – Over half of regular gamblers had seen the ads
- – A third of regular gamblers were prompted to approach gambling more responsibly
- – Over one in six said it had led them to warn other people about their gambling
We’ll be supporting the #GambleSmart message across Digital channels from today and like all Senet Group members will devote our shop windows to the campaign for three days from Monday November 16.
And remember, when the fun stops, stop.