Arsenal head into Saturday’s showpiece event as firm favourites for victory, with Ladbrokes offering 1/4 on the Gunners lifting the trophy, while opponents Hull City can be backed at 3/1 to claim a first ever FA Cup.
It’s been nine years since Arsene Wenger claimed a trophy as manager of the north London club, but with the Tigers proving tame in the Premier League over the last few weeks, this represents their best chance at claiming a long-awaited cup.
To get in the spirit of the final, the Ladbrokes News Team has been working hard to create a quiz ahead of the big match – check out the questions and answers below
1. Which player has won the most FA Cups as a player in his career?
Ashley Cole – He has won the FA Cup seven times, on three occasions with Arsenal (2002, 2003 & 2005) and another four times with Chelsea (2007, 2009, 2010 & 2012)
2. Which team has made the most FA Cup Final appearances without winning the trophy?
Leicester City – They have played in four FA Cup Finals without winning the trophy, with the last of these appearances coming in 1969.
3. Only one player has scored in four separate FA Cup Finals – who?
Chelsea hero Didier Drogba scored in four separate FA Cup Finals for the Blues (2007, 2009, 2010 & 2012).
4. Who holds the record for scoring the fastest goal in an FA Cup Final?
Louis Saha holds the record for scoring the fastest goal in an FA Cup Final, scoring after just 25 seconds for Everton against Chelsea in the 2009 edition of the competition.
5. Two teams share the record for the most FA Cup Final appearances – name them
Arsenal and Manchester United share the record for the most FA Cup Final appearances, with the Gunners drawing level with the Reds on 18 after reaching Wembley this season.
6. Who was the first player to be sent off in an FA Cup Final?
Manchester United’s Kevin Moran was sent off in the 1985 FA Cup final.
7. David James has featured in three FA Cup Finals during his career – name the clubs
Liverpool, Aston Villa and Portsmouth
8. Two World Player of the Year winners have featured in FA Cup Finals – who are they?
Cristiano Ronaldo played in three FA Cup Finals with Manchester United, winning the competition in 2003-04, while George Weah played 88 minutes of Chelsea’s 1999-00 victory over Aston Villa during a short stint with the club.
9. Name the four English players that featured for Portsmouth in the 2008 FA Cup Final
David James, Sol Campbell and Glen Johnson started the game for Pompey, with David Nugent coming off the bench to make an appearance.
10. In the last 20 years five Frenchman have scored in the FA Cup Final – can you name them?
Eric Cantona, Nicolas Anelka, Robert Pires, Djibril Cisse, Louis Saha
11. Over the past two decades four Italian managers have won the FA Cup – list them
Gianluca Vialli, Carlo Ancelotti, Roberto Di Matteo and Roberto Mancini
12. Name the only two ‘home’ sides that have lost the FA Cup Final in the last decade.
Cardiff City and Manchester City
13. Last year, a non-league club knocked a Premier League side out of the FA Cup for the first time in the competition’s history – can you name the two teams?
Luton Town beat Norwich City 1-0 in the fourth round.
14. Name the three FA Cup finalists from the last 20 years that have suffered relegation from the top flight in the same season.
Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and Wigan Athletic
15. How many goals have Arsenal conceded en route to the FA Cup Final? Can you name the scorers?
The Gunners have shipped three goals on the road to Wembley with Steven Gerrard, Romelu Lukaku and Jordi Gomez finding the net against the north London side.
16. Name the three teams beginning with ‘S’ that Hull City beat on their way to the final
Southend United, Sunderland and Sheffield United
17. This player was the first man to feature in seven FA Cup Finals played in the 20th century. Known for his temper on the pitch, it was perhaps fitting that the two sides he set the record with also played in red.
18. Before Harry Redknapp won the FA Cup in 2009 this man was the last English manager to lift the trophy. As a player he featured for two teams that have appeared in FA Cup Finals in the last six years, but has never won it himself!
19. Though he became known for sitting on the bench late in his career, he is actually the proud holder of the record of being the last Scottish player to score in an FA Cup Final
20. He came to England from Ligue 1 via Turkey, Italy and Spain, having already tasted defeat in a Champions League final with a La Liga side. He went on to endure heartache, collecting runners-up medals in the League Cup and FA Cup during stints with three different English clubs.
How did you score?
1-5 – The equivalent of failing a GCSE in football – you may want to consider a resit.
5-10 – Good but not great – No professor but a solid A-Level student.
10-15 – Not quite a Professor but definitely a postgraduate student in the world of football.
15-20 – Welcome to the big leagues – a blazer with elbow patches and a pipe are winging their way to you.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.